We have over 50 staff working here in P+D some of which have been with the company for over 30 years. That is a real statement to the level of loyalty and dedication our team has to P+D and our customers. Our company values are essential, and we continually strive to ensure we offer the best solutions to our clients. We respect everyone's input, and our employees are encouraged to develop and grow within P+D.
Currently, we have a Print Estimator position available, read on if you would like to find out more about this position and if it's the role for you get in touch.
We are looking for an experienced print estimator to work in our offices in Tallaght Dublin 24. The primary purpose of the print estimators role is the production of timely and accurate estimates for our customers. As the role is an integral part of the sale process in P+D, we are seeking an energetic and proactive person to fill this role. Reporting to the Sales and Marketing Manager the following will be your role and responsibilities;
- The primary responsibility of the Print Estimator is to generate price estimates on regular and complex jobs in accordance with the customer’s request
- Providing advice and assistance to colleagues in the Sales and Customer service department on print production and best ways to produce jobs
- Working with colleagues and material suppliers, to ensure the accuracy of cost inputs into the estimating software system
- Analysing information and documentation provided by clients to accurately assess time, materials, and labour required to create a price estimate
- Evaluating all methods available for producing a job and providing quote(s) based on the most economical method.
- Understanding the stock and procurement functions within P+D and using this understanding to plan the optimum, and therefore most efficient method, of production for a job.
- Developing knowledge of materials available and recommending cost-saving opportunities.
- Planning jobs using a variety of substrates and printing methods
- Liaising periodically with P+D material suppliers to ensure P+D are getting value for money, assessing opportunities with new print materials and assisting the management team with onboarding and management of approved suppliers
- Working alongside the sales and management team in the processing of tenders
- Reporting to the management team on weekly / monthly basis key performance indicators in the estimating function
- Work with Production Manager to review job cost analyses and implement improvements to the estimating as a result of this
- Working with the production manager on cost and efficiency projects
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Manage outwork quotes, quoting with third-party suppliers, and ensuring minimum company margins are met
- Working with, and assisting the evolution of, ISO procedures to ensure quality standards are met in the estimating function
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Applicant must have a strong commercial understanding of print estimating and ability to bring judgement and experience to pricing jobs
- Minimum 2+ years in the printing/packaging industry and you must have a comprehensive knowledge of all printing processes, paper, ink, computer operation and purchasing.
- Diploma / Degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience / Knowledge of Tharstern print estimating software package favourable
- Strong Microsoft Excel ability required
- Strong math, computer, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines for projects of various size and scope.
- Positive “can do” customer focus and attitude.
- Be willing to work as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Curiosity to seek areas for improvement in the estimating function and the drive to implement improvement
- Time management skills and flexibility in work hours is a necessity
Remuneration is negotiable and will reflect the successful applicant’s experience, knowledge and ability.
Some benefits of working in P+D
We appreciate that life extends beyond the workplace. Our employees are a valued commodity and working with P+D brings a variety of benefits including really good progression opportunities and benefits including:
- Free parking
- Complimentary tea & coffee provided
- Weekly deliveries of fresh fruit
- Access to a company pension scheme *
- Benefit from group Health Insurance discount offers
* Full-time employees have access to our company pension after a period of 2 years employment .